Using the Manage patient section of ThoroVet you can bulk import your patient list or add new patients to use within ThoroVet. When you’re getting started the most efficient way to load your current patient list will be via the Import menu. You also have the option of also adding new patients as you go which will be explained in the How To guides.
To manage the patient list, you will need to access the Manage Account area and click on patient. From here you will be able to Add a new patient or Bulk Import/Export your patients.
Add New Patient – If you want to add a new patient you can click on the Add Patient button. A screen will come up with the fields to complete.
- Nicknames – If the patient has an alternative name
- Date of Birth
- Notes – Any additional information you may want relating to this patient. This field is not for medical records but rather general information about the patient.
Import/Export – To Import or Export your patient list, click on the Import/Export button.
- Export – Click on the Export button. This will allow you to save an Excel file with your full patient list.
- Import – You can Import your patient list from an Excel document.
- Download the template to ensure the proper formatting for the excel sheet. To do so click on the Download button and save the file.
- Complete the template with your current patient list
- When the template is completed and Saved click on the Import button.
- Find the saved file and go through prompts to preview data and import